Jan. 24, 2013
• The Cavaliers (13-5, 3-2 ACC) have won three straight games at Virginia Tech for the first time since winning five straight from 1939-47.
• The 16-point win vs. Virginia Tech was the largest margin of victory for UVa against the Hokies since a 64-48 win at Blacksburg on Nov. 24, 2000.
• Virginia led at the half (34-25) for the 11th time overall and for the second time in five ACC games.
• Virginia’s eight 3-pointers in the first half marked a season high for a half this season.
• Virginia made a season-high 11 3-pointers in the game.
• The last time UVa made 10 3-pointers in a game was March 1, 2011 vs. NC State.
• Virginia Tech’s Erick Green’s 35 points marked the most points by an individual opponent in the Tony Bennett era and most since Duke’s J.J. Redick scored 40 on Jan. 28, 2006.
• Evan Nolte had career highs in points (18), 3-pointers (5) and steals (4).
• Joe Harris (17 points) tied a season high with four 3-pointers
• Freshman Mike Tobey (10 points) reached double figures for the fourth time.
• Justin Anderson had a career-high six assists, reached doubles figures in points (11) for the fourth time and tied a season high with three steals.
• Akil Mitchell (8 rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 13th time.
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVA
M. Basketball | 7/15/2016
Virginia's freshmen include De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward who was Pennsylvania's Class AA player...
Jeff White: Summer Buildup Begins in Earnest
M. Basketball | 6/28/2016
The Cavaliers, who will travel to Spain in August, held their first practice of the summer...
Brogdon Selected by Milwaukee in 2016 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/23/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was selected by the...
Brogdon Named to USA Men’s Select Team
M. Basketball | 6/7/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) is one of 25 players chosen ...
Virginia to Host Ohio State in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
M. Basketball | 5/24/2016
Virginia will host Ohio State in the 18th ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 30. This year'...
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 05/04/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 04/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
- Online Stores