Feb. 7, 2013
• Virginia’s 37-point win (78-41) over Clemson tonight marks the widest victory in an ACC game since Duke beat Maryland 85-44 on January, 24, 2009 (41 points)
• The Cavaliers’ 37-point victory was their largest against an ACC opponent since a 109-66 win over Duke (43 points) in the 1983 ACC Tournament (3/11/83)
• It was Virginia’s largest margin of victory in an ACC regular season game since a 83-42 win over Georgia Tech (41 pts) on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia extended its home winning streak to 13 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home win streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Clemson’s 10 first half points were the fewest allowed by the Cavaliers in a half since Maryland scored 10 second half points on Jan. 12, 1981
• Virginia’s 28-point lead at halftime (38-10) was its largest halftime lead against an ACC opponent since leading Georgia Tech 48-17 (31 pts) at the half on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia shot 55.6% from the floor (30-54), its eighth game shooting 50% or better this season
• Virginia had a season-high 12 steals
• Joe Harris (21 pts) scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Harris had his fifth 20-point game of the season (sixth of his career)
• Harris’ four highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 vs. NC State last week, 21 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mitchell’s 16 points tie his ACC career high
• Justin Anderson (14 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Jontel Evans had a season-high and ACC career-high eight assists
• Mike Tobey missed his first game of the season (out indefinitely with mononucleosis)
John Paul Jones Arena
• Clemson’s 10 first-half points are the fewest scored by any team in a half in arena history (previous low was 13 pts, last by Seattle in first half on Nov. 17, 2012)
Mihaljevic's Star Continues to Rise at UVATrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/16In junior Filip Mihaljevic, Virginia's track & field team has one of the nation's elite shot putters and discus throwers.Power Surge Contributing to Cavaliers' SuccessBaseball5/21/16Timely home runs helped No. 8 Virginia win the first two games of its series with ACC rival Virginia Tech at Davenport Field.Versatile Doherty Delivers AgainBaseball5/20/16On a night when starter Connor Jones struggled, Kevin Doherty pitched four innings of scoreless relief in No. 8 Virginia win over Virginia Tech at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 4/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
Brogdon Adds Senior CLASS First-Team Honor
M. Basketball | 4/1/2016
Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named to the 2015-16 Senior CLASS All-America first...
Brogdon Named NABC Defensive Player of the Year
M. Basketball | 3/31/2016
Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.), a consensus first-team All-American, has been...
Gill To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/29/2016
Virginia senior forward Anthony Gill (High Point, Va.) has been selected by the National...
Brogdon Named AP First-Team All-American
M. Basketball | 03/29/2016
Virginia senior guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named first-team All-American by the...
Brogdon Earns Wooden Award All-America Honor
M. Basketball | 03/28/2016
Virginia senior guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named a 2016 John R. Wooden All-American...
- Online Stores