Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 9/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Oct. 23
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 08/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
- Online Stores