Nov. 27, 2017
Virginia 49, Wisconsin 37
Monday, November 27, 2017
John Paul Jones Arena
• Virginia improved to 12-6 overall in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and 7-2 at home
• The Cavaliers have a four-game winning streak in the Challenge
• UVA now leads the all-time series against Wisconsin, 3-2
• Virginia is 18-0 when holding opponents to 40 or fewer points under Tony Bennett
• UVA is 4-0 this season when opponents have scored fewer than 50 points
• The last time UVA held a team under 40 points was Grambling State (11/22/16)
• Wisconsin had 17 points in the second half. The last time Virginia held a team to less than 20 points in the second half was when St. Francis Brooklyn scored 19 (11/15/16)
• Virginia has held each of its seven opponents to under 50 percent shooting
• UVA held Wisconsin scoreless for 7:47 in the second half, going on a 12-0 run during that span
• Double-figure scorers: Kyle Guy (17), Devon Hall (16)
• Hall and Guy combined for UVA’s first 16 points through the 10:20 mark of the first half. Hall scored the first five points and had nine of the 16, while Guy added seven.
• Isaiah Wilkins had a season-high 10 rebounds
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost Time
M. Basketball | 6/19/2018
A 7-1 forward who's coming shoulder surgery., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's...
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 04/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 04/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
- Online Stores