Oct. 14, 2013
| Virginia vs. Duke
|Date/Time||Sat., Oct. 19, 2013 | 3:30 p.m.|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Scott Stadium (61,500)|
|Television||RSN | Affiliates|
|Radio||Virginia Sports Radio Network | Satellite Radio -- Sirius 137 | XM 191|
|Multimedia||Gametracker | WatchESPN (subject to blackout)|
|@UVa_Football | @CoachMikeLondon | @VirginiaSports|
|Game Notes||Virginia | Duke | ACC | UVa Depth Chart|
|Additional Information||Tickets | Facebook | 2013 Fact Book | 2013 Season Stats
Coach London's Weekly Press Conference Transcript
Virginia Returns Home to Host Duke in ACC Action
• In the midst of a three-game losing streak, Virginia returns home for ACC action on Saturday (Oct. 19) when the Cavaliers host the Duke Blue Devils. Regional Sports Networks, including Comcast SportsNet in the Commonwealth, will televise the game.
Virginia vs. Duke
• The Cavaliers own a 33-31 all-time lead in the Duke series, which dates back to 1890.
• Virginia's 2011 victory over Duke in the last meeting at Scott Stadium snapped a three-game winning streak in the series by the Blue Devils.
• After UVa won eight games in a row in the series, Duke has won four of the last five meetings.
• At one time Duke had a 12-game advantage in the series, but by winning 22 of the last 30 meetings since 1982 (51-17 DU win), UVa has taken the series lead.
• UVa head coach Mike London is 2-2 all-time against Duke. He was 1-0 as the head coach at Richmond and 1-2 in his three meetings as UVa's head coach.
More on Virginia-Duke Series
• Duke is Virginia's oldest opponent (1890) this season; North Carolina is the second oldest (1892).
• Virginia has played 64 games vs. Duke - fifth most among all UVa opponents (UNC, VT, VMI, MD).
• The teams have played every year since 1963.
• This series, as well as the ones with Georgia Tech, Miami and Wake Forest, are the only ACC series of .500 or better for UVa.
Offense Typically Excels vs. Blue Devils
• The Cavaliers have put up some impressive offensive performances against Duke in the recent past, and UVa's last trip to Wallace Wade Stadium was no exception.
• Virginia has scored at least 30 points in 17 of the last 30 meetings against the Blue Devils and topped 40 points six times.
• In the last 23 games, UVa is outscoring Duke, 696-381 (avg of 30.3-16.6).
• The last meeting between UVa and Duke at Scott Stadium is the Cavaliers' lone victory in the last five meetings. UVa scored 17 third-quarter points courtesy of a Chase Minnifield pick-six and a Perry Jones 1-yard rushing touchdown.
• The 2010 meeting at Wallace Wade Stadium in 2010, Virginia's 48 points were the most scored in a UVa loss and there were 103 combined points between the two teams - at the time it was the second-highest combined total in ACC history.
• UVa quarterback Marc Verica set the school record for passing yards - 417 yards. The 417 passing yards also stood as a school team record for passing yards until UVa broke the record with 480 team passing yards in the 2012 meeting with Louisiana Tech.
Last Meeting: 2012 (DU 42, UVa 17)
• Virginia held a 17-14 halftime lead before Duke outscored the Cavaliers 28-0 in the second half to secure the Blue Devils' third consecutive win at Wallace Wade Stadium.
• UVa opened the game with an 8-play, 83-yard touchdown drive that Kevin Parks punctuated with a seven-yard touchdown run.
• Anthony Boone, subbing for an injured Shawn Renfree, followed up with back-to-back touchdown passes to give Duke a 14-7 lead. UVa's Perry Jones finished the first quarter scoring with a one-yard run to tie the game at 14-14.
• Drew Jarrett kicked a 39-yard field goal as time expired in the second quarter to give UVa the halftime lead.
• Boone threw two second-half touchdowns and Jela Duncan and Juwan Thompson each rushed for scores to finish Duke's victorious second half surge.
UVA Offensive Line does not allow any sacks vs. Maryland
• UVa did not surrender any sacks at Maryland.
• Maryland entered the game with UVa recording at least one sack in every game of 2013 and was ranked No. 3 in the nation in sacks per game.
• Morgan Moses led the way for the line, grading out at 95 percent and had 10 knockdown blocks to pace an offensive line that accumulated 242 rushing yards and let UVa QB David Watford pass for a career-high 263 yards.
• Maryland entered the game allowing only 115.4 rushing yards per game. UVa also amassed 505 yards of total offense against a Maryland defense that was ranked No. 22 in the nation and allowing only 333.8 yards per game.
Selflessness Fuels Cavaliers' Latest TriumphMen's Basketball2/6/16Ninth-ranked Virginia totaled 17 assists in its 64-50 win over ACC rival Pittsburgh at the sold-out Petersen Events Center on Saturday afternoon.'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.Unorthodox Move Paying Off For CollinsTrack & Field, Cross Country2/4/16Cam Collins transferred in 2014 from Hampden-Sydney College, where he played basketball, to UVA, where he competes on the track & field team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Returns Home to Host Duke on Saturday
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia returns home to the Jeffersonian confines of Scott Stadium on Saturday to host the Duke ...
Kickoff for UVA-Virginia Tech Game to Be Announced Nov. 21
Football | 11/16/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 28 home football...
Severin Named ACC Receiver of the Week
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia senior wide receiver Canaan Severin (Marlborough, Mass.) was named ACC Receiver of the...
Jeff White: Severin Shines Again in Losing Effort
Football | 11/15/2015
In a 38-31 loss to ACC foe Louisville, senior wide receiver Canaan Severin had eight receptions...
Kickoff Time for UVA's Home Game vs. Duke is Set for 3:30 p.m.
Football | 11/9/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 21 home football...
Virginia Drops 38-31 Decision to Louisville
Football | 11/14/2015
QB Matt Johns led the team with 260 passing yards and four touchdowns in loss to the Louisville...
Farm Bureau Insurance Coach's Corner with Mike London...
Football | 11/17/2015
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Mike London" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm Bureau...
Jeff White: Frye Closing Cavalier Career With Flourish
Football | 11/13/2015
With 64 points, senior kicker Ian Frye is the leading scorer for Virginia (3-6, 2-3), which...
- Online Stores