Oct. 14, 2013
| Virginia vs. Duke
|Date/Time||Sat., Oct. 19, 2013 | 3:30 p.m.|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Scott Stadium (61,500)|
|Television||RSN | Affiliates|
|Radio||Virginia Sports Radio Network | Satellite Radio -- Sirius 137 | XM 191|
|Multimedia||Gametracker | WatchESPN (subject to blackout)|
|@UVa_Football | @CoachMikeLondon | @VirginiaSports|
|Game Notes||Virginia | Duke | ACC | UVa Depth Chart|
|Additional Information||Tickets | Facebook | 2013 Fact Book | 2013 Season Stats
Coach London's Weekly Press Conference Transcript
Virginia Returns Home to Host Duke in ACC Action
• In the midst of a three-game losing streak, Virginia returns home for ACC action on Saturday (Oct. 19) when the Cavaliers host the Duke Blue Devils. Regional Sports Networks, including Comcast SportsNet in the Commonwealth, will televise the game.
Virginia vs. Duke
• The Cavaliers own a 33-31 all-time lead in the Duke series, which dates back to 1890.
• Virginia's 2011 victory over Duke in the last meeting at Scott Stadium snapped a three-game winning streak in the series by the Blue Devils.
• After UVa won eight games in a row in the series, Duke has won four of the last five meetings.
• At one time Duke had a 12-game advantage in the series, but by winning 22 of the last 30 meetings since 1982 (51-17 DU win), UVa has taken the series lead.
• UVa head coach Mike London is 2-2 all-time against Duke. He was 1-0 as the head coach at Richmond and 1-2 in his three meetings as UVa's head coach.
More on Virginia-Duke Series
• Duke is Virginia's oldest opponent (1890) this season; North Carolina is the second oldest (1892).
• Virginia has played 64 games vs. Duke - fifth most among all UVa opponents (UNC, VT, VMI, MD).
• The teams have played every year since 1963.
• This series, as well as the ones with Georgia Tech, Miami and Wake Forest, are the only ACC series of .500 or better for UVa.
Offense Typically Excels vs. Blue Devils
• The Cavaliers have put up some impressive offensive performances against Duke in the recent past, and UVa's last trip to Wallace Wade Stadium was no exception.
• Virginia has scored at least 30 points in 17 of the last 30 meetings against the Blue Devils and topped 40 points six times.
• In the last 23 games, UVa is outscoring Duke, 696-381 (avg of 30.3-16.6).
• The last meeting between UVa and Duke at Scott Stadium is the Cavaliers' lone victory in the last five meetings. UVa scored 17 third-quarter points courtesy of a Chase Minnifield pick-six and a Perry Jones 1-yard rushing touchdown.
• The 2010 meeting at Wallace Wade Stadium in 2010, Virginia's 48 points were the most scored in a UVa loss and there were 103 combined points between the two teams - at the time it was the second-highest combined total in ACC history.
• UVa quarterback Marc Verica set the school record for passing yards - 417 yards. The 417 passing yards also stood as a school team record for passing yards until UVa broke the record with 480 team passing yards in the 2012 meeting with Louisiana Tech.
Last Meeting: 2012 (DU 42, UVa 17)
• Virginia held a 17-14 halftime lead before Duke outscored the Cavaliers 28-0 in the second half to secure the Blue Devils' third consecutive win at Wallace Wade Stadium.
• UVa opened the game with an 8-play, 83-yard touchdown drive that Kevin Parks punctuated with a seven-yard touchdown run.
• Anthony Boone, subbing for an injured Shawn Renfree, followed up with back-to-back touchdown passes to give Duke a 14-7 lead. UVa's Perry Jones finished the first quarter scoring with a one-yard run to tie the game at 14-14.
• Drew Jarrett kicked a 39-yard field goal as time expired in the second quarter to give UVa the halftime lead.
• Boone threw two second-half touchdowns and Jela Duncan and Juwan Thompson each rushed for scores to finish Duke's victorious second half surge.
UVA Offensive Line does not allow any sacks vs. Maryland
• UVa did not surrender any sacks at Maryland.
• Maryland entered the game with UVa recording at least one sack in every game of 2013 and was ranked No. 3 in the nation in sacks per game.
• Morgan Moses led the way for the line, grading out at 95 percent and had 10 knockdown blocks to pace an offensive line that accumulated 242 rushing yards and let UVa QB David Watford pass for a career-high 263 yards.
• Maryland entered the game allowing only 115.4 rushing yards per game. UVa also amassed 505 yards of total offense against a Maryland defense that was ranked No. 22 in the nation and allowing only 333.8 yards per game.
Cavalier Football Notebook: Duke WeekFootball9/29/16Sophomore Olamide Zaccheaus is the leading receiver for Virginia, which opens ACC play Saturday afternoon against Duke in Durham, N.C.Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White -- Cavalier Football Notebook: Duke Week
Football | 9/29/2016
Sophomore Olamide Zaccheaus is the leading receiver for Virginia, which opens ACC play Saturday...
UVA Opens ACC Play at Duke on Saturday
Football | 9/26/2016
Virginia enters ACC play on Saturday when the Cavaliers head to Durham, N.C., to face the Duke...
Jeff White: Conte's Impact Continues to Grow
Football | 9/28/2016
In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average)...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited Breakthrough
Football | 9/25/2016
The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco...
UVA Holds Off Central Michigan, 49-35
Football | 9/24/2016
Kurt Benkert threw five touchdown passes, the last two after Virginia had squandered all of a 28-...
How the Tempo Run Brought Mark Hall a Whole New Confidence
Football | 9/24/2016
Spring is a time of new beginnings. Last spring was exactly that for Virginia defensive lineman...
Johnson is Grounded Thanks to "Ten Toes Down"
Football | 09/24/2016
If Virginia wide receiver Keeon Johnson opens his own business one day, it would likely be called...
Coach's Corner with Bronco Mendenhall Returns Tonight
Football | 09/27/2016
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Bronco Mendenhall" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm...
- Online Stores