Nov. 16, 2012
North Carolina at Virginia
Nov. 15, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• UVa is now 54-59-4 against North Carolina and 24-23 in Charlottesville.
• Virginia is now 6-6 in Thursday Night ESPN games.
• The Cavalier fourth- and fifth-year players were honored before the game, including Oday Aboushi, LoVante Battle, Luke Bowanko, Sean Cascarano, Nat Cutler, Paul Freedman, Will Hill, Drew Jarrett, Perry Jones, Connor McCartin, Justin Renfrow, LaRoy Reynolds, Billy Skrobacz, Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Brent Urban, Tucker Windle, Steve Greer, Jacob Hodges, Kyle McCartin, Matt Mihalik, John Phillips, Brian Pomper, Buddy Ruff, Bill Schautz and Ausar Walcott.
• With 50 rushing yards, Perry Jones became the 17th Cavalier to rush for 2,000 career yards. He now has 2,015.
• With five catches, Jones moved into sixth all-time at Virginia with 126 career receptions, passing Germane Crowell (122).
• With 160 kick return yards, Khalek Shepherd broke the UVa record for most return yards in a season. The previous record was 768 by Chris Warren in 1986. Shepherd now has 914.
• Dominique Terrell’s 51-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career.
• With eight tackles, Steve Greer has moved into eighth all-time at UVa with 357 career tackles, passing Stuart Anderson (354). Greer is the active ACC career leader as well.
• Anthony Harris tallied a career-high 14 tackles.
• Daquan Romero recorded career highs with seven tackles and two tackles-for-loss.
• Demetrious Nicholson matched a career high with nine tackles.
• Brandon Phelps tied a career high with seven tackles.
• Kicker Drew Jarrett tied a career high with two field goals (34, 28).
O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to SpeedFootball6/17/16Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's offseason strength and conditioning program.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to Speed
Football | 6/17/2016
Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's strength and conditioning...
Virginia's Road Game at UConn to Kick Off at 1:30 p.m.
Football | 6/15/2016
he American Conference announced today Virginia’s road game at UConn on Saturday, Sept. 17 ...
Virginia's Game at Oregon to Kick Off at 10:30 p.m. ET
Football | 6/1/2016
The Pac-12 Conference announced today Virginia's road opener at Oregon on Saturday, Sept. 10 will...
Jeff White: Transfers Eager to Help Lift Program
Football | 5/26/2016
Virginia added three FBS transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared...
Virginia to Host Richmond at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3
Football | 5/19/2016
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/18/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
Jack Powers Transfers to UVA from Arizona State
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 17), former Arizona State offensive...
Matteo Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia football student-athlete Jackson Matteo has been named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Online Stores