Nov. 16, 2012
North Carolina at Virginia
Nov. 15, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• UVa is now 54-59-4 against North Carolina and 24-23 in Charlottesville.
• Virginia is now 6-6 in Thursday Night ESPN games.
• The Cavalier fourth- and fifth-year players were honored before the game, including Oday Aboushi, LoVante Battle, Luke Bowanko, Sean Cascarano, Nat Cutler, Paul Freedman, Will Hill, Drew Jarrett, Perry Jones, Connor McCartin, Justin Renfrow, LaRoy Reynolds, Billy Skrobacz, Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Brent Urban, Tucker Windle, Steve Greer, Jacob Hodges, Kyle McCartin, Matt Mihalik, John Phillips, Brian Pomper, Buddy Ruff, Bill Schautz and Ausar Walcott.
• With 50 rushing yards, Perry Jones became the 17th Cavalier to rush for 2,000 career yards. He now has 2,015.
• With five catches, Jones moved into sixth all-time at Virginia with 126 career receptions, passing Germane Crowell (122).
• With 160 kick return yards, Khalek Shepherd broke the UVa record for most return yards in a season. The previous record was 768 by Chris Warren in 1986. Shepherd now has 914.
• Dominique Terrell’s 51-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career.
• With eight tackles, Steve Greer has moved into eighth all-time at UVa with 357 career tackles, passing Stuart Anderson (354). Greer is the active ACC career leader as well.
• Anthony Harris tallied a career-high 14 tackles.
• Daquan Romero recorded career highs with seven tackles and two tackles-for-loss.
• Demetrious Nicholson matched a career high with nine tackles.
• Brandon Phelps tied a career high with seven tackles.
• Kicker Drew Jarrett tied a career high with two field goals (34, 28).
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Canady Selected by the Ravens in the 2016 NFL Draft
Football | 4/30/2016
Virginia senior cornerback Maurice Canady (Richmond, Va.) was selected by the Baltimore Ravens...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 4/27/2016
With practice over until training camp begins in August, Virginia's coaching staff has shifted...
Frye Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
Football | 4/27/2016
Virginia football player Ian Frye has earned NFF Hampshire Honor Society membership
Jeff White: Mendenhall Philosophy Taking Root at UVA
Football | 4/24/2016
Virginia, in its first year under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, concluded spring practice...
Spring Football Festival Set for April 23 at Scott Stadium
Football | 4/19/2016
The Virginia football team will hold its annual Spring Football Festival on Saturday, April 23 at...
Thornhill Thriving On Bigger Stage
Football | 4/22/2016
Rising sophomore Juan Thornhill, a graduate of tiny Altavista High, has been working with...
Jeff White: Levrone Working to Make Up for Lost Time
Football | 04/14/2016
Redshirt junior Andre Levrone is among the wide receivers who have impressed Virginia head coach ...
Jeff White: Football Alumni Eager for Mendenhall Era
Football | 04/11/2016
About 250 former UVA players returned to Charlottesville over the weekend at the invitation of...
- Online Stores